Friday, August 04, 2006

The Good Life



People often ask me if I am excited to move to Nebraska. I have mixed feelings. Sure I am way happy to be moving away. I am excited to experience something new, I am always up for new things. Also I am happy to be with TJ, just the two of us style, where we really have to lean on each other, and it's just the two of us. I am scared, because it is a new thing. I am nervous that things won't work out for our finances, moving company, that we won't find a house.

I think one of the reasons I have been worked up is the fact that I don't know what is in store. Well, I know I will live and breathe and stuff, but I don't know what I will get to do everyday that I am there. Up to this point I have seriously applied to 30 or so jobs and of those I have interviewed over the phone for 2. So this has caused me a great deal of stress. Am I going to be able to work? Will we have enough money? What if I don't get a job.

Well, Leif--my co-worker/supervisor just got a call from UNL (one of my potential employers) for a reference check, and right after they got off the phone with him they gave me a call and asked me to come into the office. I am so happy...and excited...and scared...What if I don't live up to my resume? What if I only worked there for a year and they didn't like the fact that I will abandom them sometime to start a family (no announcements)?

They say that Nebraska is the "home of the good life." I am certainly ready for that.

No comments: