Monday, December 18, 2006

Happy Holidays


It is the time of year that is full of surprises. And here's a surprise to you: I am Blogging!!!

One surprise that I am not at all fond of is that all radio stations from Nebraska to Utah have neglected to play either one of my two favorite christmas songs:

I want a Hippopotomus for Christmas
or
Christmas Shoes
I simply love those songs and I have been down and depressed at the fact that I haven't heard them yet (and it is Dec 18th!!! only one week til the big day arrives). Can you feel my frustration?
On the other hand I have had plenty of surprises that I have been pleased as pie about!!!
How about the surprise that TJ and I planned to come to Utah a week early and show up unexpectedly at his Mom and Dad's house. It was WONDERFUL. Also the surprise that I got to go to YC SHAKESPEARE for their last performance of this semester. I surprised my good old friends and I was so happy to see them. They did so great and there was no laughter on stage. Yet another surprise.
I just can't wait for all the surprises that lie ahead. Surprise! here's a thousand dollars? Surprise! we paid off your mortgage? Surprise! you know what you want to do in your life now? or Surprise! (You fill in the blank)!

2 comments:

Debra Darling said...

I heard Hippopotomous two days ago. What a releif!!!

Debra Darling said...

correction: relief