Sunday, March 01, 2009

When Sophie met Henry

When Debra arrived at the hospital this afternoon to feed Henry, she was greeted by a surprise: the nurses had removed Henry's incubator from his room and had replaced it with a little crib. This means that Henry is one step closer to coming home...we just wish we knew what the other steps are.

After feeding time ended, Debra asked the nurse if she could open the door wide so Sophie could see her little brother across the hall and through the waiting room glass door. The nurse responded with a second surprise, telling Deb that she could bring Henry all the way to the waiting room door, thus allowing Sophie a close-up (although still zoo-like) encounter with her little brother.


6 comments:

Kimmay said...

Oh, Debra! These pictures are Halmark quality. It really does seem like a kind of zoo encounter. I hope you are doing well. I'll bet it's tough going from your house to the hospital, but you're a trouper, so I'm sure you're doing amazing. By the way, you LOOK amazing. How is that even possible with everything going on right now?! I really want to come see you, but I'll let you rest for a couple more weeks...Love you!

nicwoo said...

Look at that big sis face! I'm thinking that this trial has the potential of being engulfed with little Sophie-style love. Thinking about that makes my heart happy!! Yay, Team Bliss! Great pics!

The Fifes said...

So adorable!! He's just precious. Is everything okay? Is it just that he was born early?

MJ said...

Oh, that's just so cute. I bet she is so excited to "get behind the glass." Henry is a good looking baby too! Hope you are both doing well.

Michelle said...

Deb, I totally went through the exact same thing with Emily. It is such a hard, long wait to get your baby home, but so worth it to make sure they're healthy:o) Once you have Henry home, the whole hospital stay will seem unreal, like a dream. Good luck. You're getting so close!

Katie said...

Congratulations! Hope Henry continues to do better so Sophie can give her brother nice big sister kisses! And hopefully you, Debra Darling, are doing well too. I'll keep you both in my prayers. Luvs!