Monday, September 18, 2006

Another first



Friday night was SCARY!!! okay okay so not really scary, but I was a little frightened. So there we were, loading the rest of our stuff up in the Bishop's truck and it was windy. Brother Gibson looked at me and said with a smile, "I sure love weather like this." I had no clue what he was talking about until...we were getting nearer to our new home and the wind picked up and then there was all sorts of lightening and thunder. As we were moving the last of our belongings into our new little home it started raining so we hurried. Then we were finished. TJ decided to go by himself to get our car so I could start to unpack.

Not even two minutes after he left the sirens went off telling, nay SCREAMING to everyone in Lincoln Nebraska to take cover because a tornado was forming in the area. I had never experienced this before. I had no basement to run to I had only one thing to do: CRY and think that TJ would come home to a tornado-ruined home and no wife. I had no tv to see the news, I had no radio to even listen, and I didn't even have my phone to call someone to ask them what to do. So I just left, left the doors unlocked, left the lights on and ran outside (probably smart and not smart all at the same time). I went to my first neighbor's home and there was no answer so i ran to the next neighbor's home and they were all gathered in their front room looking at the big screen TV at where the tornado was sighted. Luckily, a few miles south of me!!!

So I met some neighbors, I cried, I heard the sirens and moved into my new house all in one day!!!

TJ was in no hurry to get home. He didn't even hear the sirens, and he didn't even think they'd go off by our house.

No comments: