Friday, February 15, 2008

JUST SAY NO!!!


I am fasting from desserts for two months. Here are some of my most recent adventures.

Day two, February 12:

Went to Sam's club to buy DESSERT for the Tri-ward activity. Those old ladies were handing out Carrot Cake. (I LOVE CARROT CAKE, and I love free samples). I went right over and grabbed one, then grabbed another to hand to TJ. He (obviously remembering my goal to fast from dessert) gave me a very confused look,

"What are you doing?" He queried.

"Well, don't you want one?" I responded.

"No, what are you doing?" He repeated.

"TJ, it's Carrot cake, don't you want one?"

"Ummmmm Dessert fast?" And I finally understood.

That was a close call! As we passed by this temptress later, she had samples of NY Cheesecake. TJ partook, while I salivated.

Day four, February 14:

Made a special Valentine for TJ out of No-bake cookies and angel food cake. I picked up a few morsels at one point brought them right up to my lips saying to myself, "It's not a whole dessert." But then I grew strong and threw them away.

Laban and Carly brought over an entire plate of GOODIES. (Thanks Laban and Carly, And Trey) I, so far, have resisted!

4 comments:

Jami said...

Oh, Debra, Debra. Why the insanity? Although, I must say how extremely proud of you I am. I would certainly not have your will-power. Good thing you've got TJ there to eat your treats for you. He's a good husband like that.

Katy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Debra Dawn!!! I found your blog through the most round-about clicking on blogs that I could possibly do. When I saw that it was you, it was like I'd hit the lottery in VEGAS!!! I am SO excited to have found you. So I'm adding you as a friend on my blog so I can stalk you like crazy and you can add us, if you'd like. (I have TWO little girls now!) I have to add.....we have a niece named Sofi Elizabeth and she's our favorite little girl in the whole wide world, so I'm sure your little Sophie is just as great. She's so, so beautiful Deb - congratulations!

Love,
Katy Andersen Rawlins

(I had to delete my comment right before this because it was linked to the wrong email account - so this one should link you right to my blog......sorry!)

Debra Darling said...

Day seven went something like this: "Stress Stress Stress Stress Stress. Jello and Angel Food Cake. Then no desserts until day 14. So it's going to turn into a once/week thing.