Monday, February 13, 2012

I must be Crazy!


I've got one week until Little Henner's 3rd birthday. And, I openly and honestly admit that I must be crazy.

Almost a year ago I ran into a quilt at a craft show, and it was love at first sight. I've never made a quilt, except for an occasional stitch here, and a tie there. But this was a "rag quilt" which in the quilting world translates into "easy". (At least, in the quilting world in my mind). Ever since that craft show, I knew I'd be making that quilt (or something like it) for the little guy for his birthday...and here we are, one week before the big day.

So, one week ago I had nothing (still trying to learn about procrastination), except for the concept. Then a quick (and expensive) trip to the fabric store, and a good amount of time spent cutting up some old jeans solved my "nothing" dilemma. And now I have this:

And this:
Let's just hope I find the stamina to assemble this together in an orderly, and most daring fashion SOON.

In other news, the little guy discovered, just yesterday, that he's officially tall enough to turn on and off the lights without a stool. And from there we spent the rest of the evening excitedly going from thing to thing, all the things he was now big enough to do...he's still not sure about that potty though.


No comments: