Wednesday, February 04, 2009

But I didn't do anything wrong...



I'm all chained up with everywhere to go. I have so many things to do and to take care of before baby comes. Unfortunately Mr. Baby Bliss thought he was supposed to come before I got everything ready and that is why I now find myself on HOUSE ARREST (aka bed rest).

Basically I started going into pre-term labor. I had the fetal fibronectin test come back positive and that means I've been shot with steroids to develop the baby's lungs (just in case) and I get to take medicines to stop the contractions. Oh, and I get to stay home and in bed as much as possible for the next three and a half weeks with the exception of going to my doctor appointments.

I know there are millions of things I could do with my time "resting" (scrapbooking, knitting, crocheting, reading). But for some reason a tiny fighting soul within me says, "If I can't do everything else I WANT to do then I don't want to do anything at all." And then there's the other part of me that wishes I had the gusto to sit and read and read and read. And yet another part of me that screams "C'mon Debra. Don't be lazy. Find a project and magnify your talents."

And there's the constant reminder that I never finished crocheting that baby blanket for Sophie, I might as well do it now right? Right? Well, any time that reminder comes I am simply disgusted at the thought of crafting. Is this normal?

Today TJ reminded me that I could always work on family history. And now I'm left with this huge hole of guilt because that falls right into the reading, and crafting category. Ugh.

We don't have TV, and I watched a movie on Monday and was pretty bored by the end of one. And I've looked and looked and looked at websites over and over and I'm getting kind of tired of the computer idea. Seriously!!! What else is there for a girl to do? And, once again, IS THIS NORMAL? There are so many things that I constantly think "Oh, if only I had the time to do _______ or _______." And now I've got the time but REALLY? Do I REALLY want to do them now? Of course not.

33 Weeks

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You crack me up! I have lots of things I want to get done while I'm home with Tanner. But I find myself not wanting to do them when I actually think about doing them. Weird. What does Sophie do while you're on bed rest?

Amber Wray said...

Hang in there girl! I 've been on house arrest before. Actually with all 3 of my pregnancies. It was awful. Get some good chick flicks a couple of US Weekly magazines, and start a journal. It will be fun for him (the baby) to read some day. Call me if you wanna talk and keep posting. We all enjoy it!

Unknown said...

What you have described is oh so very normal! I did the same when pregnant with ARH. I remember laying on the couch just watching CDH (who was 18 months) play, get her own food from the table, and feeling guilty about all the things I wasn't doing. Remember what you ARE doing! You are making a baby and the baby needs to stay in for as long as possible. Thus here you are browsing web...For me, writing in my helped to pass the time.

S.Haws

Fife Photography said...

I love your thoughts! Don't feel like you have to do anything!!! I'm still in the yucky stages, and have felt peace when i just let go of all the things i "could" or "should" be doing, and just do what is best at the time. If you have the big rocks in, don't worry about guilting yourself into projects. Just do what will make you happy; there's a time and season for everything.

P.S. Netflix has a 2 week trial period that you can try out. It has been the best thing since sliced bread. You can have 1, 2, or 3 movies at a time (it's free for 2 weeks, whatever you choose) and there are tons of movies to watch instantly. It just streams over the internet. We signed up when we were trapped during the ice storm, and it's been a lot of fun.

Anyways, that's a long P.S.. I hope all goes well, and that your baby will be safe and healthy!! Hugs, amber

Anonymous said...

Hi there ~ my name is Amanda Lazaro, and I'm a member of the public relations team that raises awareness for FullTerm, The Fetal Fibronectin test. I read your blog with interest and thought you might like to learn more about the test. Check out www.fullterm.net, and feel free to include the site as a link to your blog so that readers can access the information.

Additionally, if you're interested in helping spread awareness about the benefits of the FullTerm Test, please contact me by emailing fullterm@schwartz-pr.com. My team generates stories about the benefits of the test among women at high risk for delivering early in national, local and online outlets. In the last few months we've secured stories in Working Mother magazine, the FitPregnancy Blog and the Boston Parent's Paper. Most recently we secured the following article on the popular pregnancy and parenting website iParenting.com: http://tinyurl.com/cuwwqw.

We're always interested in speaking with women who had the test and are willing to share their experience to make sure other, at-risk pregnant women know there is a test available to help predict premature birth.

I hope to hear from you.

Regards,
Amanda

Kimmay said...

Hey! That's the pits that you're on bed rest. I should come visit you, perhaps? What do you think?

Samantha said...

Hey, I don't know if you remember me, but I hope so! We had a few classes together at BYU. I remember you getting married but I didn't know you'd had a little girl! And are pregnant again! Congrats on both! You are all beautiful! Visit our blog if you don't remember who I am, maybe pictures will refresh your memory. Good to see you, hope all is well, best wishes with the new baby!

nicwoo said...

Debra, you're beautiful, you're glowing, you're getting shots. I give you permission to rest. Not "mommy" rest (which isn't rest at all) or "mormon mommy" rest (even worse) JUST rest. You're not up for it, that is just fine with me-- okay sweetie!? Okay, it's settled.

Line said...

Sorry you're on bed rest, but if it makes you feel any better, you're one cute pregnant lady!