Monday, August 08, 2005

Ahhhhh! Home on the range. I traveled this weekend to a beautiful area near Jackson Hole, WY. It is called Spring Gulch. Last summer I transcribed some of my grandpa's life history in which he mentioned shepherding in Spring Gulch. It is a valley surrounded by mountains, filled with streams, and encompassed in beauty. The Grand Tetons tower over the fields and old homesteads. If it weren't for the Honda I was driving I wouldn't have known that I was in the "here and now." I rolled down my windows and let the breeze flow into my car. I could hear nothing but the gravel, I could see no signs of city, and as much as I tarried in the valley I was certain that I would see my grandpa, his mother, and their sheep, even though he's been gone for 3 years and they haven't allowed shepherding for the last 30+ years.

It was a wonderful opportunity to sit back and let my mind wander. I thought of love, of life, of happiness, and of nature. I thought of my fiance, my family, and my future. I enjoyed the moments to relax, and drive through the country. It was nice to get away from the Hustle and Bustle of life. It was rejuvenating.

No comments: