Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Big 24! And a rude awakening!



So, I've turned 24! Big Delio! Sophie woke up screaming at 5am today (NOT the rude awakening) and as I went to get her out of TJ's arms there were lights shining in and out of her bedroom window (Rude awakening). The first thought that came to my mind was "I'm not dreaming, and aliens DO exist" Because really, who would be driving their car in our backyard, flashing lights in all our windows at once and so on at 5am. So we looked out the window and what did we see? A helicopter searching for something, someone. So I sat down and started feeding Sophie and AGAIN, the search light scanned our back yard flashing it's brights into Sophie's bedroom window. CRAZY. So this helicopter circled overhead for a good 20-30 minutes, scanning our neighborhood. TJ and I decided that we ought to find out if we should be on the lookout for something so we called the station. The conversation went something like this:

T
J: Hi, how are you? (He's so gentlemen-like even at 5am). We got up to feed our daughter and noticed a helicopter's search light scanning our back yard, um are we safe?

Lady: Hold on a minute.

(Minute)

Lady: They're just looking for someone in your area. The officers will let you know if you have any need to worry.

TJ: Oh, okay. Um, thank you!


I am not joking. This was not a test, they were really looking for someone.

So, fast forward three hours, TJ and I wake up again, and I do a sun salutation while he runs to his lab and the store. I check the news online and there's nothing about a manhunt. NOTHING.


So, we forget about it. TJ made me some of the best French Toast (Pictured Above). And he proceeds to give me a couple more birthday presents (Pictured Below).



A cooking magazine and Essential Oils! Not to mention a new Living Room Set. I feel like I won on "The Price is Right." Because the prices were just SO right. We got some good bargains. A Drexel Armoire (Pictured Below) for 50 bones. And a couch and sofa for 50 bones too.



3 comments:

chad said...

We have a helicopter that searched our neighborhood quite frequently for the first couple months that we lived here. It seems to have slowed down some now that they have kicked everyone out of the house across the street and put a notice on the door that no one is allowed to occupy it.

We just think of it as a reminder of Memphis. Our own little crack house across the street.

Good Luck with your own man hunt.
(Happy Belated)

Short Family said...

Hey, long time no see! I am glad to see that you are all still alive and doing well. I am glad that the manhunt ended without any further craziness.

Amber Wray said...

Debra-
I was perusing blogs and who did I stumble on but yours. I love your blog. You are still as funny and as cute as ever. Check us out at www.wrayfam.blogspot.com Love ya tons Amber (Winberg) Wray